Sustainability ensures the future of the environment and your business. That’s why SystemComponents® products are engineered to be environmentally responsible. To determine the environmental responsibility of a structure, the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) have each established rating systems (NGBP1 and LEED2). A higher rating denotes a healthier home at a lower cost to the environment. So how can FelTex products contribute to raising your ratings and lowering your environmental impact?
- SystemComponents products are termite- and water-resistant, reducing structure degradation from the elements and enhancing longevity.
- SystemComponents products contain no asphalt and are 100% recyclable in regions with established recycling programs.
- SystemComponents products are more stable in wetting cycles than traditional roofing felt.
- SystemComponents products may contain up to 10% recycled material.
- Because SystemComponents products weigh less than conventional underlayments, there is less transportation pollution than traditional underlayment materials.
- SystemComponents products weigh less than Type 30 felt or other asphalt-saturated underlayments and comes in efficient sizes to help reduce construction waste.
The decision to use SystemComponents products is not only an investment in the future of the environment, it’s also an investment for the future of your business. As the demand for sustainable home construction grows, so does the need for environmentally responsible builders. The forward-thinking builder who begins practicing sustainability today is well-positioned to be a leader of the industry tomorrow.
1NGBP is a registered trademark of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
2LEED is a registered trademark of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).